1. What Chief Executives Really Want, Business Week, May 18, 2010. http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/may2010/id20100517_190221.htm
2. State of the American Workplace Report, Gallup, 2013. http://www.gallup.com/strategicconsulting/163007/state-american-workplace.aspx
3. The 100 Best Companies to Work, formerly published as a book, is now available annually via Fortune Magazine at
4. Learn more about the The Leo Burnett Company at www.leoburnett.com. I especially recommend "When to Take My Name Off the Door," a speech by the founder, which can be located under the Culture tab of Burnett's site.
5. Learn more about IDEO, a global design & innovation consultancy, at http://www.ideo.com/.
// a montessori moment
1. Learn more about Montessori at The International Montessori Index, www.montessori.edu
// a hard job is good to find
1. Interview conducted by author in November 2012 with Jim Lecinski, VP US Sales & Service, Google.
// stop talking and start making
1. Interview conducted by author in November 2012 with Andrew Burroughs, Partner, IDEO. Photo used with permission.
// environment is (almost) everything
1. Interview conducted by author in June 2013 with Eva Niewiadomski, Founder, Catalyst Ranch. Photo used with permission.
2. Meeting on the Right Side of the Brain, New York Times, April 30, 2008 http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/30/business/businessspecial/30right.html?_r=0
3. Elements of this piece also appeared on my blog on June 6, 2013 at http://pamdaniels.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/einstein-eva/